- 1 What is the halfway point between Albuquerque and Las Cruces?
- 2 Is Las Cruces bigger than Albuquerque?
- 3 How far is Las Cruces NM from the Mexican border?
- 4 Is Las Cruces safe to live?
- 5 What is the closest major airport to Las Cruces New Mexico?
- 6 What is there to see between Santa Fe and Albuquerque?
- 7 Is Las Cruces NM A nice place to live?
- 8 Is Las Cruces New Mexico a nice place to live?
- 9 Is Las Cruces a good place to retire?
- 10 What is there to do in downtown Las Cruces NM?
- 11 Is Las Cruces worth visiting?
What is the halfway point between Albuquerque and Las Cruces?
The city at the geographic halfway point from ABQ to Las Cruces, NM is Kinney Wells, New Mexico.
Is Las Cruces bigger than Albuquerque?
Las Cruces in New Mexico may be the state’s happiest city, but it isn’t the biggest. Las Cruces has a population of right around 100,000, making it the second most populated city in the state. The biggest city is Albuquerque, at a whopping 561,000 residents. That makes it over five times bigger than Las Cruces.
How far is Las Cruces NM from the Mexican border?
Las Cruces lies 225 miles (362 km) south of Albuquerque, 42 miles (68 km) northwest of El Paso, Texas and 41 miles (66 km) north of the Mexican border at Sunland Park.
Is Las Cruces safe to live?
Las Cruces is in the 14th percentile for safety, meaning 86% of cities are safer and 14% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Las Cruces is 53.96 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Las Cruces generally consider the north part of the city to be the safest.
What is the closest major airport to Las Cruces New Mexico?
The closest airport is El Paso International Airport, which is located about 50 miles south of Las Cruces. The next closest airports are Albuquerque International Sunport and Tucson International Airport, which are about 225 miles north and 275 miles west of Las Cruces, respectively.
What is there to see between Santa Fe and Albuquerque?
As you drive south from Santa Fe to Albuquerque, take time to visit these 10 stops that make the Turquoise Trail such a rich road trip.
- Casa Grande Trading Post, Petting Zoo and Cerrillos Turquoise Mining Museum.
- Cerrillos Hills State Park.
- Cerrillos Station.
- Turquoise Trail Sculpture Garden.
- Mine Shaft Tavern.
Is Las Cruces NM A nice place to live?
Las Cruces has been a safe, friendly, and lively place to live. It seems like a sleepy town, but if you look and give it a shot, there’s a lot of things to do if you take advantage of it. Everyone is friendly here and the Mexican food amazing. It’s an amazing place to raise a family and retire.
Is Las Cruces New Mexico a nice place to live?
In fact, TopRetirements.com ranked Las Cruces, NM in 15th place out of the 100 most popular cities for retirement. With so many family-friendly activities, exceptional weather, agriculture, and education, there are several reasons this hidden jewel is a nice place to settle.
Is Las Cruces a good place to retire?
According to the website, “ Las Cruces has been listed as a ‘Best Place to Retire ‘ by several organizations for many reasons: low cost of living, active cultural life with its major university, and unusually beautiful location.”
What is there to do in downtown Las Cruces NM?
The following is our list of the best things to do in Las Cruces, NM:
- Visit Dripping Springs Natural Area.
- Visit the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum.
- Visit the Museum of Nature & Science.
- Visit the White Sands Missile Range Museum.
- Visit the Zuhl Museum.
- Enjoy the Corralitos Trail Rides.
- Visit the Black Box Theatre.
Is Las Cruces worth visiting?
3 in Money’s ’20 Best Places to Go in 2019′ LAS CRUCES – Las Cruces is the third best travel destination in the United States according to Money magazine’s “20 Best Places to Go in 2019.” Money said it set out to find vacations that provide the best value.