- 1 How far is New Mexico border from Amarillo Texas?
- 2 How far is Amarillo from Albuquerque?
- 3 How far is it to the New Mexico Texas border?
- 4 Why is Amarillo important to Texas?
- 5 What is there to see between Amarillo and Albuquerque?
- 6 What cities are between Albuquerque and Amarillo?
- 7 Where should I stop between Oklahoma City and Amarillo?
- 8 What is there to do between Albuquerque and Flagstaff?
- 9 What is there to do between Santa Fe and Amarillo?
- 10 What is between New Mexico and Texas?
- 11 Is nm close to Texas?
- 12 Is Amarillo worth visiting?
- 13 Is Amarillo TX A good place to live?
- 14 Why is Amarillo famous?
How far is New Mexico border from Amarillo Texas?
It is only about 50 miles from Amarillo to the New Mexico border, with the Old 66 Road passing through the small towns of Vega and Adrian. The highway is flat and straight as it leaves Amarillo, but soon crosses suddenly into desert-like hill country.
How far is Amarillo from Albuquerque?
There are 269.89 miles from Albuquerque to Amarillo in east direction and 286 miles (460.27 kilometers) by car, following the I-40 route. Albuquerque and Amarillo are 3 hours 59 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Albuquerque, NM to Amarillo, TX. The halfway point is Newkirk, NM.
How far is it to the New Mexico Texas border?
New Mexico is located around 619 KM away from Texas so if you travel at the consistent speed of 50 KM per hour you can reach Texas in 14 hours and 24 minutes.
Why is Amarillo important to Texas?
Amarillo operates one of the largest meat packing areas in the United States. Pantex, the only nuclear weapons assembly and disassembly facility in the country, is also a major employer. The attractions, Cadillac Ranch and Big Texan Steak Ranch, were located on old U.S. Route 66, which passes through the city.
What is there to see between Amarillo and Albuquerque?
Best stops along Amarillo to Albuquerque drive
- 2nd Amendment Cowboy. Sights & LandmarksPoints of Interest & Landmarks.
- Cadillac Ranch.
- Buffalo Lake National Wildlife Refuge Admin Building And Visitor Contact Station.
- Magnolia Gas Station.
- Midpoint Cafe.
- Sunflower Station.
- Russells Truck & Travel Center.
- Ute Lake State Park.
What cities are between Albuquerque and Amarillo?
The city at the geographic halfway point from Albuquerque, NM to Amarillo, TX is Newkirk, New Mexico.
- Tucumcari, New Mexico. City: Tucumcari. State: New Mexico. Country: United States.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico. City: Albuquerque. State: New Mexico. Country: United States.
- Amarillo, Texas. City: Amarillo. State: Texas.
Where should I stop between Oklahoma City and Amarillo?
The top stops along the way from Amarillo to Oklahoma City (with short detours) are Palo Duro Canyon State Park, Tiger Safari Zoo, and Oklahoma Route 66 Museum. Other popular stops include National Rt 66 and Transportation Museum, Tower Station & U-Drop Inn Cafe, and Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ Ministries.
What is there to do between Albuquerque and Flagstaff?
Best stops along Albuquerque to Flagstaff drive
- Harvey House Museum. 4.5(183) •
- Route 66 Casino Hotel.
- Sky City Cultural Center & Haak’u Museum.
- New Mexico Mining Museum.
- El Malpais National Monument.
- Ice Cave and Bandera Volcano.
- Bluewater State Park.
- El Morro National Monument.
What is there to do between Santa Fe and Amarillo?
Best stops along Santa Fe to Amarillo drive
- Paako Ridge Golf Club. Golf clubOutdoor ActivitiesGolf course.
- Wildlife West Nature Park. ZooNature & Parks.
- Shugarman’s Little Shop. Chocolate shopShoppingGift & Specialty Shops.
- Maggies Diner.
- Broken Saddle Riding Co.
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum.
- New Mexico History Museum.
- Santa Fe Plaza.
What is between New Mexico and Texas?
The boundary line between New Mexico and Texas is the middle of the channel of the Rio Grande as it was located in 1850. New Mexico v. Texas, 275 U.S. 279 (1927), was a United States Supreme Court case that determined the boundary between Texas and New Mexico in the vicinity of El Paso, Texas.
Is nm close to Texas?
Distance from Texas to New Mexico is 624 kilometers. This air travel distance is equal to 388 miles. The air travel (bird fly) shortest distance between Texas and New Mexico is 624 km= 388 miles.
Is Amarillo worth visiting?
Located in the Texas Panhandle, Amarillo is one of the state’s most captivating destinations, put on the map by the famous Route 66. Although Route 66 has given Amarillo a unique distinction, there are other incredible attractions in this popular Texas town that draw visitors from all over the state. 6
Is Amarillo TX A good place to live?
Amarillo is in Potter County and is one of the best places to live in Texas. Living in Amarillo offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Many families and young professionals live in Amarillo and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Amarillo are above average.
Why is Amarillo famous?
Amarillo is a popular stop along Route 66 in Texas and is particularly famous for its delicious steak challenge at the The Big Texan Steak Ranch. The city is also home to many well-known theatres and art shows, as well as the popular space museum, the Don Harrington Discovery Center and the Space Theater.