- 1 What airport do I fly into for Taos New Mexico?
- 2 How long is it from Albuquerque to Taos?
- 3 Is Taos New Mexico a safe place?
- 4 How many days should I stay in Taos?
- 5 Is Taos NM worth visiting?
- 6 How many airports are in Santa Fe NM?
- 7 Is Taos New Mexico a desert?
- 8 Where should I stop between Albuquerque and Santa Fe?
- 9 Where in New Mexico should you not live?
- 10 Is Taos or Santa Fe better?
- 11 Is Taos New Mexico a good place to retire?
- 12 How many days should you stay in Santa Fe?
- 13 How many days do you need for Santa Fe?
- 14 What is there to see between Taos and Santa Fe?
What airport do I fly into for Taos New Mexico?
Commercial airlines don’t land in Taos; the nearest airport would be Santa Fe, about 70 miles southwest of the town. A recent search on Kayak.com showed LAX-Santa Fe flights for $652 round-trip on American Airlines. Flight time is 3½ hours (stopping in Phoenix) each way.
How long is it from Albuquerque to Taos?
The direct drive from Taos to Albuquerque is 132 miles (212 km), and should have a drive time of 2 hrs 43 mins in normal traffic.
Is Taos New Mexico a safe place?
Taos is in the 4th percentile for safety, meaning 96% of cities are safer and 4% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Taos’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Taos is 95.61 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
How many days should I stay in Taos?
Re: How many days should we spend in Taos?? Taos is certainly very doable as a day trip from Santa Fe. However, I think Taos best reveals its charm when you spend at least 1, and preferably 2, nights in Taos. There’s just a different rhythm and feel to the town before the day trippers come and after they leave.
Is Taos NM worth visiting?
Taos pueblo is very close to the town of Taos. If you are going to be in Taos, I recommend going there. It does not have the scenery that Acoma pueblo has, but it is a good introduction to the architecture of pueblos and its influence on regional architecture.
How many airports are in Santa Fe NM?
There are 2 major airports that we recommend for commercial flights into Santa Fe (New Mexico). You can research nonstop direct flights into multiple airports, whether you’re flying international or domestic, using connecting flights, or even landing at a smaller local executive airport in your private jet charter.
Is Taos New Mexico a desert?
Geographically the town of Taos, New Mexico combines the high desert southwest with the majestic Sangre de Cristo Mountains. *Taos is surrounded by the Carson National Forest. There are 330 miles of trails, some maintained by volunteer groups.
Where should I stop between Albuquerque and Santa Fe?
As you drive south from Santa Fe to Albuquerque, take time to visit these 10 stops that make the Turquoise Trail such a rich road trip.
- Casa Grande Trading Post, Petting Zoo and Cerrillos Turquoise Mining Museum.
- Cerrillos Hills State Park.
- Cerrillos Station.
- Turquoise Trail Sculpture Garden.
- Mine Shaft Tavern.
Where in New Mexico should you not live?
Based on these factors, here are the 20 worst places to live in New Mexico.
- Rio Rancho. Just making the list of the worst places to live in New Mexico is Rio Rancho, which is also the 20th most dangerous place to live in the state.
- Truth or Consequences.
- Las Cruces.
Is Taos or Santa Fe better?
Taos is glorious scenery, but Santa Fe is pretty scenic too, and as the state capitol, is much larger with more things to do. For girls of their ages, the History Museum and the Folk Art Museum will be a good fit, as will Rancho de las Golondrinas.
Is Taos New Mexico a good place to retire?
1. Taos. This desert town in northern New Mexico is an outdoor lover’s dream. The town comes in fourth when it comes to senior population percentage, with seniors accounting for 21.60% of its total population.
How many days should you stay in Santa Fe?
If you’re thinking of coming to Santa Fe, I would recommend trying to schedule in at least four or five days so that you can enjoy an easy pace and have a wider variety of experiences.
How many days do you need for Santa Fe?
You could spend 2 days to a lifetime in Santa Fe and not see and do everything in the area. For a summer trip, plan on 3 full days in Santa Fe. Most of the museums, historic sites, restaurants etc are in the downtown Plaza, Canyon Road and Railyard areas, easily walkable or via public transportation.
What is there to see between Taos and Santa Fe?
High Road to Taos
- Nambé Pueblo & Nambe Falls.
- Millicent Rogers Museum.
- The Taos Art Museum.
- Taos Pueblo.