- 1 What airport do I fly into for Taos New Mexico?
- 2 How long is it from Albuquerque to Taos?
- 3 How many days should I stay in Taos?
- 4 What is the altitude of Taos New Mexico?
- 5 Is Taos NM worth visiting?
- 6 What is there to see between Taos and Santa Fe?
- 7 How safe is Taos NM?
- 8 Is Santa Fe or Albuquerque closer to Taos?
- 9 Where should I stop between Albuquerque and Santa Fe?
- 10 Is Taos or Santa Fe better?
- 11 How many days should you stay in Santa Fe?
- 12 How long do you need in Santa Fe?
- 13 What is so special about Taos New Mexico?
- 14 Is Taos New Mexico a good place to retire?
- 15 What are people from Taos called?
What airport do I fly into for Taos New Mexico?
Commercial airlines don’t land in Taos; the nearest airport would be Santa Fe, about 70 miles southwest of the town. A recent search on Kayak.com showed LAX-Santa Fe flights for $652 round-trip on American Airlines. Flight time is 3½ hours (stopping in Phoenix) each way.
How long is it from Albuquerque to Taos?
The direct drive from Taos to Albuquerque is 132 miles (212 km), and should have a drive time of 2 hrs 43 mins in normal traffic.
How many days should I stay in Taos?
Re: How many days should we spend in Taos?? Taos is certainly very doable as a day trip from Santa Fe. However, I think Taos best reveals its charm when you spend at least 1, and preferably 2, nights in Taos. There’s just a different rhythm and feel to the town before the day trippers come and after they leave.
What is the altitude of Taos New Mexico?
The elevation of the town is 6,969 feet (2,124 m). Just north of Taos is Wheeler Peak, at 13,161 feet (4,011 m), the highest point in New Mexico.
Is Taos NM worth visiting?
Taos pueblo is very close to the town of Taos. If you are going to be in Taos, I recommend going there. It does not have the scenery that Acoma pueblo has, but it is a good introduction to the architecture of pueblos and its influence on regional architecture.
What is there to see between Taos and Santa Fe?
High Road to Taos
- Nambé Pueblo & Nambe Falls.
- Millicent Rogers Museum.
- The Taos Art Museum.
- Taos Pueblo.
How safe is Taos NM?
With a crime rate of 57 per one thousand residents, Taos has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 17.
Is Santa Fe or Albuquerque closer to Taos?
Taos is located about 135 miles North of Albuquerque. If you are driving from Albuquerque drive North on I 25. At Santa Fe, drive towards Espanola on US 285. In Espanola, look for NM 68 to Taos.
Where should I stop between Albuquerque and Santa Fe?
As you drive south from Santa Fe to Albuquerque, take time to visit these 10 stops that make the Turquoise Trail such a rich road trip.
- Casa Grande Trading Post, Petting Zoo and Cerrillos Turquoise Mining Museum.
- Cerrillos Hills State Park.
- Cerrillos Station.
- Turquoise Trail Sculpture Garden.
- Mine Shaft Tavern.
Is Taos or Santa Fe better?
Taos is glorious scenery, but Santa Fe is pretty scenic too, and as the state capitol, is much larger with more things to do. For girls of their ages, the History Museum and the Folk Art Museum will be a good fit, as will Rancho de las Golondrinas.
How many days should you stay in Santa Fe?
If you’re thinking of coming to Santa Fe, I would recommend trying to schedule in at least four or five days so that you can enjoy an easy pace and have a wider variety of experiences.
How long do you need in Santa Fe?
You could spend 2 days to a lifetime in Santa Fe and not see and do everything in the area. For a summer trip, plan on 3 full days in Santa Fe. Most of the museums, historic sites, restaurants etc are in the downtown Plaza, Canyon Road and Railyard areas, easily walkable or via public transportation.
What is so special about Taos New Mexico?
Long one of America’s foremost, bona fide Art Colonies, Taos is also home to a world-class ski resort (Taos Ski Valley), a World Heritage Site (Taos Pueblo), one of the most photographed and iconic churches (St. Discover your place faraway from the everyday in Taos, New Mexico.
Is Taos New Mexico a good place to retire?
1. Taos. This desert town in northern New Mexico is an outdoor lover’s dream. The town comes in fourth when it comes to senior population percentage, with seniors accounting for 21.60% of its total population.
What are people from Taos called?
Not long after this time, pueblos appear in the Taos Valley. Athabascan people (now called Apaches and Navajos) from the north and east begin to visit and settle in areas nearby to the Taos area. The Taos Pueblo structures were probably built between A.D. 1300 and 1450.