- 1 Is Las Cruces worth visiting?
- 2 How far is Las Cruces NM from the Mexican border?
- 3 What airport do you fly into for Las Cruces NM?
- 4 What do people do in Las Cruces?
- 5 Is Las Cruces a good place to stay?
- 6 What is the best time of year to visit New Mexico?
- 7 Is Las Cruces close to Santa Fe?
- 8 Where should I stop between Albuquerque and Santa Fe?
- 9 Is Las Cruces NM A safe place to live?
- 10 What is there to do in downtown Las Cruces NM?
- 11 Is Las Cruces a good place to retire?
Is Las Cruces worth visiting?
3 in Money’s ’20 Best Places to Go in 2019′ LAS CRUCES – Las Cruces is the third best travel destination in the United States according to Money magazine’s “20 Best Places to Go in 2019.” Money said it set out to find vacations that provide the best value.
How far is Las Cruces NM from the Mexican border?
Las Cruces lies 225 miles (362 km) south of Albuquerque, 42 miles (68 km) northwest of El Paso, Texas and 41 miles (66 km) north of the Mexican border at Sunland Park.
What airport do you fly into for Las Cruces NM?
The Las Cruces International Airport ( LRU ) is a thriving general aviation airport located right off Interstate 10 on the West Mesa about 10 minutes from downtown Las Cruces.
What do people do in Las Cruces?
Top Attractions in Las Cruces
- Dripping Springs Natural Area. 509.
- Old Mesilla Village. 988.
- Farmers & Crafts Market of Las Cruces. 323.
- New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum. 382.
- Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument. Monuments & Statues.
- Museum of Nature & Science.
- New Mexico State University.
- The Zuhl Museum.
Is Las Cruces a good place to stay?
Las Cruces has been a safe, friendly, and lively place to live. It seems like a sleepy town, but if you look and give it a shot, there’s a lot of things to do if you take advantage of it. Everyone is friendly here and the Mexican food amazing. It’s an amazing place to raise a family and retire.
What is the best time of year to visit New Mexico?
The best time to visit New Mexico is from September to November. During this period, the weather is pleasant, and balloon events take place. Spring is another great time with fewer crowds and mild weather. However, it can get windy in the spring months.
Is Las Cruces close to Santa Fe?
✚ How far is Santa Fe to Las Cruces? The distance from Santa Fe to Las Cruces is 238 miles. The road distance is 284 miles.
Where should I stop between Albuquerque and Santa Fe?
As you drive south from Santa Fe to Albuquerque, take time to visit these 10 stops that make the Turquoise Trail such a rich road trip.
- Casa Grande Trading Post, Petting Zoo and Cerrillos Turquoise Mining Museum.
- Cerrillos Hills State Park.
- Cerrillos Station.
- Turquoise Trail Sculpture Garden.
- Mine Shaft Tavern.
Is Las Cruces NM A safe place to live?
Las Cruces is in the 14th percentile for safety, meaning 86% of cities are safer and 14% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Las Cruces is 53.96 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Las Cruces generally consider the north part of the city to be the safest.
What is there to do in downtown Las Cruces NM?
The following is our list of the best things to do in Las Cruces, NM:
- Visit Dripping Springs Natural Area.
- Visit the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum.
- Visit the Museum of Nature & Science.
- Visit the White Sands Missile Range Museum.
- Visit the Zuhl Museum.
- Enjoy the Corralitos Trail Rides.
- Visit the Black Box Theatre.
Is Las Cruces a good place to retire?
According to the website, “ Las Cruces has been listed as a ‘Best Place to Retire ‘ by several organizations for many reasons: low cost of living, active cultural life with its major university, and unusually beautiful location.”