- 1 Is it dangerous to go to Juarez?
- 2 How close is Albuquerque to Mexico border?
- 3 Where is the New Mexico border?
- 4 How far is Silver City NM from the Mexican border?
- 5 What do I need to go to Juarez?
- 6 Is Albuquerque safe?
- 7 Is New Mexico attached to Mexico?
- 8 Is New Mexico between Arizona and Texas?
- 9 Is New Mexico safe?
- 10 What is New Mexico famous for?
- 11 What is the largest ethnic group in New Mexico?
- 12 Is Silver City NM a safe place to live?
- 13 Does it snow in Silver City NM?
Is it dangerous to go to Juarez?
Juarez is perfectly safe to travel alone. If you stay indoors during the late hours and trust your instincts, you’ll have a wonderful holiday. The historical region of Ciudad Juarez is begging for tourism, and it relies on the residents of El Paso to make the quick crossing every now and again.
How close is Albuquerque to Mexico border?
There are 857.37 miles from Albuquerque to Mexico in northeast direction and 1,008 miles (1,622.22 kilometers) by car, following the I-40 route.
Where is the New Mexico border?
New Mexico is bordered by Colorado in the north, Oklahoma and Texas in the east, Mexico in the south, and Arizona in the west. Its northwest corner touches Arizona, Utah, and Colorado, creating the only spot where four states meet.
How far is Silver City NM from the Mexican border?
Silver City, New Mexico, is located in the southwest corner of New Mexico. It is approximately 50 miles east of the Arizona-New Mexico border, and approximately 70 miles north the of the New Mexico-(Old) Mexico border.
What do I need to go to Juarez?
U.S. citizens can present the following valid documents for admission into the U.S.:
- U.S. Passport.
- Passport Card.
- Enhanced Driver’s License.
- Trusted Traveler Program card: SENTRI or FAST (See Trusted Traveler Program below for more information)
- U.S. Military I.D., accompanied by official orders.
Is Albuquerque safe?
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A new study ranks Albuquerque among the least safe cities in the country. In its new “Safest Cities in America” list released Monday, WalletHub ranked Albuquerque’s 137 out of 182. The city got especially low marks for “home and community safety” and “financial security.”
Is New Mexico attached to Mexico?
The area that is New Mexico was claimed by Spain in the 16th century, became part of Mexico in 1821, and was ceded to the United States in 1848 (through the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo). Despite the traditionally agrarian nature of the state, New Mexico has become increasingly urbanized.
Is New Mexico between Arizona and Texas?
New Mexico is bordered by Colorado to the north, Texas and Oklahoma to the east, and Arizona to the west. The state of New Mexico also shares a border to the south by the Mexican states of Sonora and Chihuahua.
Is New Mexico safe?
New Mexico ranked the highest for both violent crimes and property crimes in the Mountain Region. In the entire United States, it ranked second for both crime types. With higher crime rates than other states, it is no wonder that only three out of every 10 New Mexicans report feeling safe.
What is New Mexico famous for?
15 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in New Mexico
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park. Carlsbad Caverns National Park.
- White Sands National Monument.
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
- Bandelier National Monument.
- Petroglyph National Monument.
- Taos Pueblo.
- Cumbres-Toltec Scenic Railway.
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument.
What is the largest ethnic group in New Mexico?
The 5 largest ethnic groups in New Mexico are White (Hispanic) (37.2%), White (Non-Hispanic) (36.8%), Other (Hispanic) (8.85%), American Indian & Alaska Native (Non-Hispanic) (8.67%), and Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (1.9%).
Is Silver City NM a safe place to live?
According to NeighborhoodScout’s analysis of FBI crime statistics, Silver City is safer than 68% of the cities and towns in the US of all population sizes.
Does it snow in Silver City NM?
Silver City, New Mexico gets 17 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Silver City averages 7 inches of snow per year. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.