- 1 What is there to see between Santa Fe and Albuquerque?
- 2 Why is Santa Fe NM so expensive to live?
- 3 What is the prettiest part of New Mexico?
- 4 Is it worth visiting Santa Fe New Mexico?
- 5 Is Santa Fe better than Albuquerque?
- 6 How many days should I spend in Santa Fe?
- 7 Is it cheaper to live in Albuquerque or Santa Fe?
- 8 What celebrities live in Santa Fe NM?
- 9 How much money do you need to live comfortably in Santa Fe NM?
- 10 Where are the prettiest mountains in New Mexico?
- 11 What is the best time of year to visit Santa Fe New Mexico?
- 12 What is the safest city in New Mexico?
- 13 What is the coldest month in Santa Fe New Mexico?
- 14 Which is better Santa Fe or Taos?
- 15 Is it better to retire in Arizona or New Mexico?
What is there to see between Santa Fe and Albuquerque?
As you drive south from Santa Fe to Albuquerque, take time to visit these 10 stops that make the Turquoise Trail such a rich road trip.
- Casa Grande Trading Post, Petting Zoo and Cerrillos Turquoise Mining Museum.
- Cerrillos Hills State Park.
- Cerrillos Station.
- Turquoise Trail Sculpture Garden.
- Mine Shaft Tavern.
Why is Santa Fe NM so expensive to live?
In Santa Fe, the cost of living is slightly higher than average, and this is mostly due to soaring housing prices. This city is home to a great deal of the state’s most expensive homes. Compared to the national average of $1,650, New Mexico rent costs 24.2% less. Rent in Albuquerque is 72.16% lower than in New York.
What is the prettiest part of New Mexico?
11 Unimaginably Beautiful Places in New Mexico That You Must See Before You Die
- Carlsbad Caverns (Carlsbad)
- Ghost Ranch (Abiquiu)
- Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness (San Juan County)
- Taos Gorge (Taos)
- White Sands National Park (Dona Ana/Otero County)
- Blue Hole (Santa Rosa)
Is it worth visiting Santa Fe New Mexico?
One of the oldest cities in the United States, New Mexico’s state capital Santa Fe has a rich history and heritage for you to delve into. While plenty of galleries dot its streets, Santa Fe is also an important center for the performing arts and hosts lots of great cultural events and festivals.
Is Santa Fe better than Albuquerque?
I would not consider Santa Fe a ‘better’ city than Albuquerque … each city has its virtues. Santa Fe is a more beautiful city in the southwestern tradition. Albuquerque is a more affordable option both for residents and travelers (Check out my post on things to do in Historic Old Town Albuquerque).
How many days should I spend in Santa Fe?
Three days isn’t enough time to get the full experience of this area. If you’re thinking of coming to Santa Fe, I would recommend trying to schedule in at least four or five days so that you can enjoy an easy pace and have a wider variety of experiences.
Is it cheaper to live in Albuquerque or Santa Fe?
Santa Fe is 26.7% more expensive than Albuquerque. Santa Fe housing costs are 86.9% more expensive than Albuquerque housing costs. Health related expenses are 1.2% more in Santa Fe.
What celebrities live in Santa Fe NM?
Santa Fe Is Where The Stars Come To Stay Julia Roberts, Val Kilmer, Gene Hackman and Shirley MacLaine, among others, have all called this city home at one point. Most of them still do.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in Santa Fe NM?
Homeowners in Santa Fe have a median income of $62,464. Therefore, the amount that a consumer should spend on housing costs should be no more than $1,457 per month to avoid calamity and poverty. The renters in the city have an income of about $37,835, which would make their monthly maximum allowable rental costs $883.
Where are the prettiest mountains in New Mexico?
These Photos Of 8 Mountain Peaks In New Mexico Will Take Your Breath Away
- Sierra Blanca Peak, near Ruidoso.
- Sandia Crest, near Albuquerque.
- Wheeler Peak, near Taos.
- Signal Peak, near Silver City.
- Santa Fe Baldy, near Santa Fe.
- La Mosca Lookout, near Grants.
- Hermit Peak, near Las Vegas.
- Mogollon Baldy, near Glenwood.
What is the best time of year to visit Santa Fe New Mexico?
The best time to visit Santa Fe is between September and November. During this time, temperatures range from the high 20s to high 70s. One can argue that springtime has a similar climate with similar hotel rates, but the festivals make fall the clear winner.
What is the safest city in New Mexico?
According to the Safewise report, which utilizes the most recent FBI crime data, the top 10 safest cities to live in New Mexico in 2021 are Milan, Corrales, Raton, Anthony, Eunice, Rio Rancho, Sunland Park, Truth or Consequences, Edgewood, and Bosque Farms.
What is the coldest month in Santa Fe New Mexico?
The cold season lasts for 3.0 months, from November 22 to February 21, with an average daily high temperature below 48°F. The coldest day of the year is January 6, with an average low of 18°F and high of 40°F. The coldest month of the year is January, with an average low of 19°F and high of 41°F.
Which is better Santa Fe or Taos?
Taos is glorious scenery, but Santa Fe is pretty scenic too, and as the state capitol, is much larger with more things to do. For girls of their ages, the History Museum and the Folk Art Museum will be a good fit, as will Rancho de las Golondrinas.
Is it better to retire in Arizona or New Mexico?
New Mexico has the least expensive real estate. From a tax standpoint for retirees Nevada is the best choice, since it has no income tax. Arizona is next, with no tax on Social Security and the lowest income tax (although the highest property tax rate).