- 1 What is New Port Richey known for?
- 2 Is New Port Richey a safe place to live in Florida?
- 3 Is New Port Richey expensive?
- 4 What is it like to live in Port Richey Florida?
- 5 Where should I not live in Florida?
- 6 What is there to do in downtown New Port Richey?
- 7 Is New Port Richey a bad area?
- 8 Where is the safest place in Florida?
- 9 What is the racial makeup of New Port Richey FL?
- 10 Which part of Florida is best to live in?
- 11 Is Port Richey FL a good place to retire?
What is New Port Richey known for?
New Port Richey is a residential community with a strong local government and an attractive historical downtown and Main Street. The City has a broad array of business and retail services. Since its incorporation in 1924, the city is most recognized for its cultural heritage and unique riverfront landscape.
Is New Port Richey a safe place to live in Florida?
With a crime rate of 38 per one thousand residents, New Port Richey has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 26.
Is New Port Richey expensive?
New Port Richey’s housing expenses are 66% lower than the national average and the utility prices are 16% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 6% higher than the national average. Healthcare in New Port Richey is 2% lower than the national average.
What is it like to live in Port Richey Florida?
Port Richey is a family friendly area. It is moderately easy to find work, and the cost of living isn’t too high. Everything you need is in close vicinity, stores, doctors, etc. People drive a little fast and dangerously at times, but over all not a bad place to live.
Where should I not live in Florida?
The 20 Worst Places to Live in Florida in 2019
- Palatka. Fancy living in Florida’s Palatka?
- West Palm Beach. Beautiful it may be, but when it comes to crime, West Palm Beach is far from a pretty picture.
- Pompano Beach.
- Dade City.
- Lake Worth.
- Riviera Beach.
What is there to do in downtown New Port Richey?
11 Best Things to Do in New Port Richey, Florida
- Escape to Anclote Island.
- Hike the Trails at Jay B.
- Catch a Show at Richey Suncoast Theatre.
- Unwind at Green Key Beach.
- Spot Wildlife at Key Vista Nature Park.
- Explore the Wilderness at James E Grey Preserve.
- Step Back in Time at West Pasco Historical Society.
Is New Port Richey a bad area?
New Port Richey East is in the 76th percentile for safety, meaning 24% of cities are safer and 76% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to New Port Richey East’s proper boundaries only. The rate of crime in New Port Richey East is 17.66 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
Where is the safest place in Florida?
Here are the 10 Safest Cities in Florida for 2021
- Marco Island.
- Winter Springs.
- North Palm Beach.
- Cooper City.
- Safety Harbor.
What is the racial makeup of New Port Richey FL?
According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of New Port Richey was: White: 89.46% Black or African American: 5.33% Two or more races: 2.08%
Which part of Florida is best to live in?
Here are the 14 Best Places to Live in Florida:
- Fort Myers.
- Port St. Lucie.
Is Port Richey FL a good place to retire?
Orange Park, Fla., ranked number 10 out of the best places to retire. The Tampa Bay city that ranked No. New Port Richey, a suburban city of Pasco County.