- 1 How far is Carlsbad from alb?
- 2 What elevation is Carlsbad NM?
- 3 What towns are near Carlsbad NM?
- 4 What is the closest major airport to Carlsbad NM?
- 5 Is Taos near Albuquerque?
- 6 What is the main industry in Carlsbad NM?
- 7 Is Carlsbad New Mexico a good place to live?
- 8 Is Carlsbad NM safe to visit?
- 9 What is Carlsbad NM known for?
- 10 What is the closest city to Carlsbad Caverns?
- 11 In which US state is Carlsbad Caverns located?
- 12 What is the best time of year to visit Carlsbad Caverns?
- 13 Where do you fly into for Carlsbad CA?
- 14 What airport is closest to Big Bend National Park?
How far is Carlsbad from alb?
There are 229.20 miles from Carlsbad to Albuquerque in northwest direction and 275 miles (442.57 kilometers) by car, following the US-285 N route. Carlsbad and Albuquerque are 4 hours 52 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
What elevation is Carlsbad NM?
Carlsbad is a city in and the county seat of Eddy County, New Mexico. Carlsbad is located in the Chihuahuan Desert on the beautiful Pecos River at an elevation of 3,295 feet.
What towns are near Carlsbad NM?
Cities & Towns
- Whites City, New Mexico: 16 miles southwest.
- Roswell, New Mexico: 76 miles north.
- Hobbs, New Mexico: 70 miles east.
- El Paso, Texas: 165 west.
- Van Horn, Texas: 122 miles south.
What is the closest major airport to Carlsbad NM?
The closest major airport to Carlsbad is El Paso International Airport at 145 miles west of the park. The next closest airports are Lubbock Texas International at 178 miles northeast of the park, and Albuquerque International Airport is about 275 miles north of the park.
Is Taos near Albuquerque?
Taos is located about 135 miles North of Albuquerque. If you are driving from Albuquerque drive North on I 25. The most direct route to Taos, also known as the “The Low Road”, is 73 miles north of Santa Fe. Estimated Time: 1 hour 21 minutes.
What is the main industry in Carlsbad NM?
The largest industries in Carlsbad, NM are Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction (1,951 people), Health Care & Social Assistance (1,639 people), and Retail Trade (1,592 people), and the highest paying industries are Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction ($73,194), Wholesale Trade ($71,731), and Utilities ($
Is Carlsbad New Mexico a good place to live?
Carlsbad is a small town, and often seen as a safe town. Recently, due to overpopulation, there has been more traffic, higher prices of rent, and more schools have been built. I believe that it is a safe town to raise any family here. Everyone is friendly, and everyone knows each other.
Is Carlsbad NM safe to visit?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Carlsbad is 1 in 32. Based on FBI crime data, Carlsbad is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to New Mexico, Carlsbad has a crime rate that is higher than 82% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is Carlsbad NM known for?
Carlsbad, NM—known as the Pride of the Pecos—is most famous for Carlsbad Caverns National Park. But the city also boasts an interesting history, as well as a wide array of art and cultural attractions. With a temperate climate and 350 plus days of sunshine a year, any time of year is perfect to come explore.
What is the closest city to Carlsbad Caverns?
To access Carlsbad Caverns National Park’s only entrance road, Carlsbad Caverns Highway, turn north from US Hwy 62/180 at White’s City, New Mexico —20 miles (32 km) southwest of Carlsbad, New Mexico and 145 miles (233 km) northeast of El Paso, Texas.
In which US state is Carlsbad Caverns located?
CARLSBAD CAVERNS NATIONAL PARK is a United States National Park in the Guadalupe Mountains in southeastern New Mexico. The primary attraction of the park is the show cave, Carlsbad Cavern.
What is the best time of year to visit Carlsbad Caverns?
The best time of year to visit Carlsbad Caverns National Park is winter, spring or fall. Summers tend to be sweltering hot, with temperatures around 100+ degrees being the norm, and later in the summer, afternoon rains downpour across the desert.
Where do you fly into for Carlsbad CA?
Carlsbad’s local Palomar Airport (IATA: CLD) has commercial commuter flights to Los Angeles on United Express and to North Las Vegas on Vision Airlines, as well as general aviation. San Diego International Airport (IATA: SAN)  is the closest major airport to Carlsbad.
What airport is closest to Big Bend National Park?
- The most accessible commercial airport to Big Bend is El Paso International.
- The closest commercial airport to Big Bend National Park is Midland/Odessa, 160 mi.
- Click for driving suggestions to Big Bend from the Midland/Odessa area.